5 Best Travel Strollers!
I recently had a baby boy, and became one of those moms who ‘put more effort into choosing their first stroller than they did a car’ (quote from WSJ article on strollers).
Living in NYC and as a travelholic, I wanted a unicorn stroller that is affordable, lightweight enough to carry around NYC subways and buses, comfortable for my baby to sleep in, smooth one-handed maneuverability, easy compact fold to fit in an overhead compartment. And the list goes on.
After testing out and researching compact travel strollers for months and months (I tested out friend’s strollers and went to BuyBuyBaby and AlbeeBaby multiple times to test these strollers), I decided to help ease the burden for other moms out there who are having a hard time choosing the perfect unicorn stroller. These are my personal top 5 favorite travel strollers that are known to fit into some overhead compartments (please check with your airline before flying).
** These strollers are not sponsored by any way and are purely my own preferences.
Babyzen Yoyo+ is a stylish stroller that’s trusted by many moms who love to travel or live in the city. It’s on the expensive side but this French designed stroller is beautiful and drives smoothly.
- Compact when folded
- Weight: 13.7lb
- Easy to maneuver
- Beautiful design
- From birth with additional purchase
- Compatible with some car seats
- Easy to carry as it has a carry-on strap
- Can attach a toddler board at additional cost
- Price: most expensive stroller on the list here
- 2 handed, 2 step fold (although its advertised as 1 handed fold)
- Non-adjustable handle bar
- One-handed fold
- Large canopy
- Age range from newborn to 50lb
- Feels sturdy with nice handlebar
- Slightly larger when folded compared to other strollers on this list (I personally have not tried but heard many moms say that it fits into many of the American Airline and Southwest Airline overhead compartments. Please check with your airline before flying).
3. Bugaboo Ant
- Smooth maneuverability (my favorite in this category)
- All-wheel suspension
- Reversible seat
- Fully reclinable seat
- Complicated fold
- It’s still lightweight but heaviest here weighing 15.8lb
4. Zoe XLC
- Affordable price
- Great customer service
- Lightweight: 11 lbs
- Easy one hand, one step fold and open
- Huge canopy
- Magnetic peekaboo window on the canopy
- Heard the wheels may break easily but they have an amazing customer service and will replace it for you if you buy it from their website
- Not for newborns (3 months +)
- Not compatible with car seats
- lightweight at only 9.5lb
- compact stroller (2014 Guinness World Records for its compact fold)
- not for newborns (from 6 months)
- Felt a little wobbly
- Small canopy
- Small storage basket
Another compact travel stroller I’ve heard is wonderful is the Colugo. I have not had a chance to personally test it out as they are only sold online and my close friends do not own it. However, they are known as the Warby in stroller world, offering stylish strollers at an affordable cost. They even believe in their stroller so much that they allow customers to return the stroller within 100 days!
I hope this list helped you on your search for a travel stroller!